Ghost Story Thursday!

[For those new to 'ghost story thursday' on Ger's blog, there are only 2 rules if you wish to tell a story of your own, 1- It must be your story, or that of a valid source (ex: your best friend, but not your "friend's neighbor's cousin's ex-fiance was once told that his college roommate . . .") who has granted permission for their story to be shared. 2- It must be truthful. Your tale can be shared either by posting it in a comment on Thursday's blog post, or you can email it to me and I'll tell your story on the following Thursday (GerilynMarin@gmail.com). You are welcome to ask to remain anonymous, and at no time will I ever claim that another person's experience is my own.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This one is relatively short, I think.

The Music Box

During the summer when I was 21, there was a black out.  I was in the basement with 2 friends of mine, as it was the only room in the house still cool and my parents had taken my son (6-7 months old at the time) to my aunt's house, because they were on a separate power grid and we needed to keep the baby in air conditioning., so they were to stay there until their power came back on, or the heat broke- whichever came first.

I went into the storage room for something, I can't remember what just now, but I closed the door to the storage room behind me. I could still hear my friends going on with whatever they'd been talking about at the time and out of nowhere, those sounds became muffled. Suddenly I was listening to a faint tinkling, like a music box and what sounded like a small child humming along with it. I waited until the sound faded and then went back to my friends.

I asked them if they'd heard it- really, there was only a door separating us (and the house next door didn't have any kids), so they should have been able to hear something.  Neither of them had any clue what I was talking about.

I don't know where that sound came from, or what it could have signified.  I've not heard anything like it before or since.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer regarding my personal beliefs on the supernatural can be found on the page listed . . . well, "Disclaimers." XD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Note About Social Anxiety

Friday Flip-Out: 50 Shades of WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

Shaming Erotica Writers & Why it's a FUCKING NO-NO!